One of the first questions my clients have is what should I wear. So, I have put together a short, simple list of do’s and don’ts when it comes to what to wear for your boudoir shoot with Shondy Studios in Omaha, NE.
Let’s start with the DON’TS:
1. No patterns. Patterns are distracting and take away from the most important subject…you.
2. Try not to bring “baby doll” outfits. As women, when we feel fat and insecure, we have a tendency to wear clothes (and lingerie) that is a little less form fitting. While your objective is to wear something that looks flattering, baby doll outfits have a tendency to not be so in camera. If you are a curvy girl (which is super sexy), you are better off to wear corsets or one piece lingerie verses a baby doll piece. Trust your photographer! ; ) Not only am I a trained professional, but a curvy girl myself and I understand how you feel. If you do bring a baby doll outfit, I will make it work, but it does limit us in the different poses we can utilize.
3. A pre-formed bra cup that doesn’t fit your boobs…don’t bring it! It is very important that what you bring fits you. A good way to kill a great boudoir portrait is to wear a cup size that is two sizes too big for you. Try your lingerie on before your shoot. If you are drowning in the bra cup, go get a bra or lingerie piece that fits you! Small breasts are sexy, but you have to photograph them right. Help your boobs help you! : )
1. Bring solid colors. If you are lucky enough to have milky pale skin, like me, try to stick with darker colors.
2. Bring black, but bring other colors too. Black is very flattering and we definitely want black lingerie, but only one or two pieces. We want your portfolio to be filled with variety, so choose some other colors as well.
3. Bring matching bra and underwear. You don’t have to just bring fancy lingerie pieces. A matching bra and underwear set is very sexy.
4. Bring different styles of underwear. We want to see your sexy booty in a variety of different ways. Bring boy cut undies, g strings, v-cut panties, etc….no granny panties please…haha. You wouldn’t, would you?
5. Don’t stop at lingerie. Bring your husband’s tie and button up shirt. Bring things that are significant to you and your partners relationship. Think outside of the box.
5. Wear jewelry. Jewelry is sexy and can enhance the image. Bring it, but leave the watch at home.
6. Bring heels, even if you hate them! Like it or not, heels are damn sexy. They make all women look like sexy beasts. Bring a pair of black ones and red, if you have them.
7. Bring a dress! Who says boudoir is only lingerie??? A woman in a sexy dress…totally hot!
Those are my basic dress for success tips for your boudoir shoot with Shondy Studios. No matter what size, shape, or color, I promise you, you’re gonna get your sexy on with Shondy Studios in Omaha, NE!
Still have questions? Email or text us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-968-1717