As women, we feel so much pressure to be beautiful all the time. The media fills our heads with images of what beautiful is, and 99% of the time, those images are completely unrealistic for the great majority of us.
Believe this: society is wrong! Women are beautiful at all shapes, at all ages. When you come to Shondy Studios for a boudoir session, we are celebrating YOU as you are. You are beautiful as you are now and we can prove it to you. When you are given the opportunity to take time just for you, wear clothes that make you feel feminine or uniquely you, get your hair and make-up done… beauty comes out of that. With the guidance of a professional photographer, your sexiness radiates out of you and transfers to the images.
There are so many misconceptions surrounding a boudoir shoot. Let’s explore 5 of them:
- You need to be skinny to do a boudoir shoot. Nothing could be further from the truth! Women tell me all the time, “I just need to lose 10 more pounds and then I’ll do a shoot.” CARPE DIEM my friends! Boudoir shoots, whether you are skinny or curvy, are about 2 things and 2 things only: What you wear and how the photographer poses you. You need 2 things from your photographer. You need them to walk you through what to wear to your shoot that will flatter your body type and you need a photographer to be experienced enough to know how to flatter your body type with posing. Here at Shondy Studios in Omaha, Ne, we walk you through what to wear and what not to wear and we have lots of experience posing women of all different shapes, and sizes to flatter their body types.
- You need to be young to do a boudoir shoot. That’s ridiculous! Do older women not want to feel sexy and appreciated? Please! Older women have it going on! Older women are the ones that have a natural confidence that you just can’t coach. That confidence is so obvious during our boudoir shoots and is so much fun to shoot. It shows in their portfolios. On top of that, just about the time you’ve gotten all your kids out of your house and life is changing is just about the time you need a little boudoir pick-me-up. 🙂
- You have to know how to make a sexy face. I really wish you wouldn’t. No duck faces please! Any professional boudoir photographer is going to know how to pull sexy looks out of you without you even knowing or trying. Do not practice ahead of time. It is not necessary. At Shondy Studios, we direct you 100% and pose you from your head to your toes.
- You have to be girlie to do a boudoir shoot. Wrong! We shoot a lot of tomboys. Not every woman is Kim Kardashian ready at all times of the day nor do they want to be. That doesn’t mean your shoot isn’t going to be gorgeous and sexy. If you want to get all dolled up in lingerie, great, if you don’t then bring other stuff. If you are a tomboy that wants to look feminine for the shoot, we’ll make that happen. If you are a t-shirt and underwear kinda girl, then that is what we will shoot. We’ll bounce ideas off of each other during the pre-shoot consultation.
- Your portfolio has to be a gift for your spouse. What about you? A boudoir shoot is one of the best things you could ever do for yourself. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve had clients cry because they can’t believe that the final image is them. They say that their boudoir portfolio has helped them see themselves in a new light and that it made them feel beautiful. I always say that a boudoir portfolio is like a shot of self-esteem right in the heart.
Don’t make any more excuses. Get on the phone and call us. We’ll answer all of your questions. Will you be nervous when you come in? Yes, most definitely. However, the typical client relaxes after a few minutes of the shoot’s start. We listen to music, we laugh, we talk. My goal is to get to know you. It’s playing dress-up and hanging out with the girls all rolled-up into one! 🙂