The thought of getting infront of a stranger in nothing, but lingerie is a daunting thought for most women, but as a photographer who has been shooting for 17 years, I can tell you, it’s not as scary as you think. Let’s address some common concerns…
1. I’m not skinny enough. This is something we, as women, tell ourselves when we are too scarred to face ourselves. Here are some things to consider:
A. A PROFESSIONAL photographer is trained to capture the best you. A professional is skilled at photographing all shapes and sizes. Will a pro make you look like a size zero when you are a 16? No, nor should they. They will, however, make you look amazing and like the best version of you.
Should you have your bff take your boudoir portraits instead? ….Only if you want to feel like throwing yourself off a bridge…
Do yourself a favor, book a boudoir session with someone who really knows what they are doing.
B. It’s all about the outfits. A professional photographer can and should walk you through what to wear that is going to be flattering on your body type.
What you wear has the power to enhance your problem areas or make you look like a sex kitten.
Wardrobe is not something you want to half ass…put some effort and thought into wearing the right thing and every body type can look amazing!
2. I’m too shy, I could never do anything like that. I can only speak for Shondy Studios and here is how we do our best to make you comfortable:
A. We give you a private dressing room to change in and store your belongings.
B. It’s only you and the photographer in the studio during your shoot and your photographer is ALWAYS a woman.
C. The photographer will NEVER ask you to pose in a position you are not comfortable with.
D. We play music and chit-chat through out your session.
E. A Shondy Studios boudoir session is calm and relaxing. You are guided through the entire session.
F. Our boudoir sessions aren’t designed for models…they are designed for women who have forgotten their sexiness and inner strength. They are empowering. Our clients walk away with a renewed sense of confidence.
3. I don’t know how to pose. Your photographer at Shonda Studios will guide you through each and every pose. There is absolutely nothing you need to know. You don’t have to know how to “look sexy.” You’re photographer will even sometimes make the pose themselves in order to show you how to do it. So, don’t spend days before your session practicing your best duck face. You don’t need to know how to do anything!
4. I don’t have anyone to give boudoir portraits to. You don’t need to have a partner in order to sign up for a boudoir session. The truth is, while they make an excellent gift for your lover, these portraits are an incredible gift that you can give yourself. You will walk away from this session with portraits that you will have the rest of your life, portraits that show and will remind you just how gorgeous you are. They will be a considerate source of strength for years to come.
5. I don’t have the money. If your concern is the expense of lingerie, don’t worry. There are plenty of outfits that you can wear that aren’t necessarily lingerie pieces. Think outside of the box. You can always wear a white T-shirt and panties. You could wear a button up shirt and tie. You can also wear a jersey, etc.
If your concern is the price of the portraits, we have several different options for you. First of all, we take all forms of payments including credit cards and checks. We also have a payment plan. With our payment plan there is no minimum monthly payment. You pay what you want. You can go as slow or fast as you need to. We order your products when you’re done paying them off.
They say you’re never ready to have kids. You just have to do it. It’s the same with boudoir photography. I promise you you will love your portraits and be so glad that you were brave enough to book your first boudoir session. When you’re ready to be empowered, when you’re ready to fall in love with yourself, you are ready for your first boudoir shoot.
Let’s get it done! Call Shondy Studios at 402-968-1717 to learn more about our boudoir session process and/or to book your session.